Is it a problem to loose an instagram art account?

7 April 2020

There's something about losing my Instagram art account this week that fitted in with the radical current re-set we are experiencing with the Cov-19 epidemic.

It's probably happened to you. 

The, "where's it gone?" moment, through to the frustration of having to start again. 
Followed closely by the resigned "Oh well, here we go again."

Losing followers, trying to find those you follow, if you can't remember the name of their business, can be a pain with a reset.

But in the end, like many across the world, I chose to acknowledge that I had been running on automatic pilot and not paying attention. 
It was time to embrace a fresh start. Look at some tweaks to the areas I wasn't being clear about.

What an opportunity!

I found a relatively similar name @christina_hicks_art 

And so......started again. 

It occurred to me that I sleep weird, and often have many mini days which all involve art in one way or another.

But today I was grumpy as I had a 1.30 am wide-wake up. (I think a helicopter flew over really low at the worse timing).

This left me feeling crappy, and even though I napped between 5-6am, it still took me hours to properly get into the daily activities as a result of this interruption. And it locked me down mentally for the day. 

I took some solace that yesterday I had a lovely day. Even if today I felt I dropped the self-isolation bundle well and truly. #keepingitreal #realresponsestostress

Even with the Stage 3 lockdown, we are experiencing here in Australia, I had driven out to the studio and continued on my large canvas. After all, we can still drive for work, can't we?
Still unsure whether that one will wash but that's what I am doing this week.
I needed a mental health day amongst the trees of Woodend. And I actually have more self-isolation there than in the city with a flatmate and close neighbors on all surrounding areas in my home environment.

While at the studio, I added another gesso prep coat on some small boards ready for collage, painting, (or both). 
I made marble dust (Calcium Carbonate), and gesso mix to prep my little boxes ready for encaustic work. 

As I like texture, I used a roughly 2 parts gesso to 1 part marble dust ratio, but you can decide how thick you want it.
Aimee Brand talks about her explorations with different encaustic priming solutions and recipes, plus the freezer test if you want to read more. I too am experimenting as this will be the first time I have made some encaustic paintings.
I close this thinking that I will enjoy my next visit, and that tomorrow is another day.







Comments

Popular Posts